Ticks, fleas and certain mites are commonly found in cats. These parasites can be harmful to your cat as they survive by sucking your cat’s blood. They may also infect your cat with various deadly infections.
In order to prevent or treat these infections, you must be giving your cat a proper solution to get rid of all these blood sucking parasites.
While it can be hard for your cat to frequently take several medicines to treat each kind of parasite, we are here to solve this problem for you and your cat.
Keep reading the article to find out about this amazingly effective product.
As a cat owner, most of you are certainly aware of a product that can kill all the parasites in your cat at one go. Yes! I am indeed talking about Revolution.
Revolution has been a go-to product for many of you to get your cat rid of multiple parasites. It has been marked as a safe product to use on cats, once a month, and effective in eliminating certain dangerous ones like,
- Mites in ears
- Eggs of fleas
- Fully grown fleas
Well, there is good news for our four-legged pet owners.
Revolution has an upgrade. It is named as Revolution Plus.
So it is certain with the name that Revolution has totally broadened its scope for the protection of your cat.
What is Revolution Plus?
Revolution plus is a topical solution for cats, which can be applied once every month to provide it with complete protection against potential blood-sucking parasites.
Revolution plus comes with the broadest scope of protection you can ever imagine.
Revolution plus comes with a motto of 6 in 1 pest protection for every breed of cat bearing different lifestyles.
Many of you might think that there is no chance of your cat to catch these parasites as they stay inside the house. But here is the truth fellas, you are mistaken.
Be in indoors or outdoors, pets can have a high risk of being a victim to these nasty parasites as they can often encounter them no matter where they stay.
Fleas, ticks, and worms can possibly enter into your house through windows or main doors. They tend to either hide in your clothes and shoes or get a hold of your cat’s skin (which is the most possible case).
What makes Revolution Plus an incredible solution?
- Revolution plus carries the legacy of the cat owners most trusted product, Revolution, which has proven 20 years of excellence in protecting cats. (You can go through a revolution for cat reviews)
- Revolution plus being an upgrade of Revolution, the solution which is known to be a number one choice of veterinarians when it comes to eliminating parasites in cats.
- Revolution plus is easy to apply the product with added benefits like quick-drying and a lesser volume of the product that makes it easy to use every month.
- Be it the adult cats or young kittens that are just 8 weeks old, with a 2.8 lbs weight or more, it is safe to use the product on every one of them.
- It serves as an all in one solution against all the 6 forms of potent parasites in just one dose.
- No more separation or remaining untouched with your cat after applying the solution.
What makes Revolution Plus better than Revolution?
Revolution plus as said is an updated drug formula of Revolution. This is an FDA ( U.S Food and Drug Administration) approved the drug and has a unique formulation.
While Revolution has only one kind of active ingredient (selamectin), Revolution plus contains two active ingredients that make it furthermore effective.
The two active ingredients of Revolution plus are Selamectin and Sarolenar. While the Selamectin shows its action on fleas, flea eggs, roundworms, heartworms, hookworms, and ear mites, Sarolenar shows its action on ticks, fleas and ear mites.
This is how revolution plus works on parasites besides giving extra protection when it comes to the most commonly infecting fleas, ticks, and mites.
Why should you choose Revolution plus over others?
You can figure out how amazing action Revolution plus shows in terms of pest protection and safety by comparing its label with the labels of other pest protection products.
In recent years, there have been huge improvements in treating the ticks and fleas in dogs. What about those in cats?
So until now, there were not many effective drugs to kill fleas and ticks in a cat, but thanks to Revolution plus.
Isoxazoline is a class of drugs that is included in many popular oral medications for dogs to kill ticks and fleas. There was no such powerful combination of isoxazoline when it comes to products that eliminate fleas and ticks in cats.
However, Revolution plus has now come up with a combination of the Isoxazoline class drugs called selamectin and sarolaner.
This combination has proven to be more efficacious in killing certain ticks that no other pest killer has killed completely. Here are some of them,
- American dog tick
- Black-legged tick
- Gulf Coast tick
Sarolenar, the second active ingredient in Revolution plus is often associated with extreme reactions like seizures, tremors, and ataxia ( improper balancing due to damage in nerve, muscle or brain cells).
This is the reason why the combination is of 15mg selamectin and 2.5mg of sarolaner. It is therefore made in such a way that it is completely safe for the cat.
However, as it is specially designed for cats, it may cause a slight irritation when it comes in contact with the human skin and eyes. So necessary precautions are to be taken before using it.
It is important to talk to a veterinary doctor before using Revolution plus on your cat as cats with a history of neurological disorders can show adverse side effects.
How to use Revolution plus for cats?
Many of you might pop a question regarding how to apply revolution for cats and here is the proper way.
It is better if you take a demonstration of how to use Revolution plus for cats if you are using it on your cat for the first time. A veterinarian or a veterinary technician can be of great help.
- First, take the Revolution plus tube and press the cap down firmly to break the seal. You can confirm that the seal is punctured when there is a click sound. Remove the cap and check the tip to ensure if the tube is opened.
- Now part hair of your cat on its back, in front of its shoulder and at the base of its neck. Part in way that the skin beneath its hair is visible.
- It’s time to apply the product on the skin of your cat. Place the tip of the tube directly on the skin and squeeze until the tube is emptied at a single spot.
- Drag the tube along its skin, lift and remove it. Check if the tube contents are emptied.
Apart from the instruction of application, there are certain precautions you should be taking while applying Revolution plus on your cat. Read them below.
- Do not massage the product into the cat’s skin.
- Do not apply it on the broken or damaged skin as it contains alcohol which can irritate the skin.
- Do not apply the product when the hair of the cat is wet.
- Make no contact with the product with your bare fingers. Use gloves.
- Do not panic if you notice stiff hair, discoloration of hair, clumped hair or powdery residue as they are temporary and do not alter the effectiveness of the product.
- Do not let children or infants get their hands on the tubes. Discard the empty tubes in a dustbin.
So the readers generally have several doubts by the end of this article, so here we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about Revolution plus. Check if one of these is your question too.
Q. What are the Revolution for cats side effects?
A. The usual side effects in cats that used Revolution plus are noted to be lethargy (laziness) and anorexia (change in eating habits or appetite), but these are no matter of concern as they do not last for a long time.
Q. What is the Revolution for cats dosage?
A. The minimum recommended dosage is 2.7mg selamectin and 0.45mg sarolenar per pound of body weight, which means, 6mg/kg and 1mg/kg respectively.
Q. How often can I apply revolution to my cat?
- For Revolution cat flea treatment, you can use the product every month for complete year protection or begin just a month before the fleas become active.
- For treating and controlling ticks, use the product all year in monthly intervals or start a month before the ticks get active.
- For preventing heartworms, use the product every month until the mosquito season ends and give a final dose after the end of the mosquito season.
- For treating and controlling ear mites, cleanse the infected ear to remove dirt and debris and do not apply the product into its ear canal. Give a single dose near the ear for each month.
- For treating and controlling infections of nematodes, like hookworms and roundworms, a monthly single dose of the product is recommended.
Q. How long does revolution take to work?
A. The topical solution gets into action the very minute you have applied in onto your cat’s skin.
Q. Is revolution safe for cats?
A. As it is an FDA approved a drug, it is completely safe for cats, but be cautious while using it on cats with certain neurological disorders like seizures. However, the product is effective even when given along with other cat medication.
Q. What if my cat licks revolution?
A. There is no major issue when your cat licks the product. It may feel a temporary lack of appetite and drowsiness. But as the product is applied on areas where the cat tongue can’t reach it, there will possibly be no such issue.
Q. How to store revolution for cats?
A. The product is to be stored at a temperature of 59-86 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q. How safe is Revolution for kittens under 8 weeks?
A. It best not to use the product on kittens under 2 months or 8 weeks old or with weight less than 2.8lbs and on breeding, pregnant or lactating cats.
Now that you are aware of the benefits this product offers, you can search online to get revolution for cats coupon. There are also online sites that offer revolution for cats rebate upon your purchase. So wait no more, check for revolution for cats discounts online and order the product for your furry friend.